III Percent Patriots: Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Click the Image

Nov 11, 2011

Dutch Bakery

Man I wish we had some of these around the Houston area.

via Down Range Report

A couple of days ago I did this story of a restaurant in a Mennonite community in North Alabama. It was so refreshing to visit and be reminded of a more simple time and slower pace. These people are very family orientated, all the kids, parents, grand parents etc help out. 
Just a few miles away was a Dutch Bakery run by the same community. It is a metal building out in the middle of farm country and is all family run. 

I took this picture through an open door of teenagers putting dough on a baking sheet, they seemed content not having an IPod stuck in their ear.
There was many types of fresh bread for sale, some I had never seen before
Here is a section of fresh cakes and cookies, I don't think this was the low calorie section.
Many Jars of homemade jams and preserves.
The check out area, notice all the workers dress in same manor.














This looked like an interesting section, all bags of fresh ground herbs and spices.
The whole store smelled like a country kitchen baking bread, cakes and cookies at Christmas. We did buy a few loaves of bread and some spices and jams.
As I walked around inside the bakery I felt I was back in time 50 years. Nobody had their pants down below  their butt, or had nose rings or spiked hair. Made me feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment