III Percent Patriots: Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Click the Image

Mar 5, 2012

That Crazy Ass Lamb!!!!!!

You might think the title holds some other meaning.  Think again.


This past weekend I was planning on going to Washington on the Brazos for the Texas birthday celebration.  As this is the true birth place of Texas.


I was informed that we would be going to a jackpot show here in Livingston.  Jackpot shows are what FFA & 4-H kids do to practice for their county fairs and to fine tune their animals.  Kinda like pre-season baseball games.


Any-Hoo.  My daughters show lamb is bat shit crazy.  It has not mattered how much she has worked with it, that thing needs some Prozac.


So he we were getting ready for show, as they were finishing up heifers.  My daughter wanted to get the lamb down and dress up her legs and do some spot cleaning.


So, I am holding onto the lambs neck so my wife and daughter can get the lamb coat off it.


All of a sudden this damn 140lb lamb get a case of the red ass and starts lunging.  She knocks me off balance and onto my ass I go.


Keep in mind that I am the only one holding on.


This crazy ass thing breaks out on a sprint with me still swung onto her neck.


Luckily I was able to slow her down enough with my fat ass so somebody could rescue me.  Because at this point I am ready to get my knife out and slit it's throat.

The damn thing did fine for her in the ring.  I think it hates me.


So yesterday and today I am sore all over.  Bruises on the inside of my thighs where I was trampled.


Needless to say, I have had better weekends.

1 comment: