III Percent Patriots: Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Click the Image

May 17, 2012

We are a nation in search of Patrick Henry







Enola has a very good post on the subject of being enslaved by our doings..


via Paratus Familia


My heart fails me.  I long for great men to rise from our rubble, proclaiming truth and liberty in the humble hamlets, villages and towns of our countryside and in the hallowed halls of our vast cities.  Not only would their words ring strong and true, they would risk their fortunes, their reputations and their lives to ensure true liberty.  They would stand - and in the process, they would direct the course of nations.

I am in search of Patrick Henry.  I am looking for the strength of character that forced men to stand before evil knowing it could cost them everything.  I am looking for a leader who's faith in our people and our God far outweighs his own selfish desire for power and glory.  I am looking for a man to stay the course in spite of supreme opposition.  I am looking for one who will stand and say, "It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter.  Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace - but there is no peace.  The war is actually begun.  The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms.  Our brethren are already in the field.  Why stand we here idle?  What is it that gentlemen wish?  What would they have?  Is life so dear or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains or slavery?  Forbid it, Almighty God!  I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" (Patrick Henry)

We are a nation in search of Patrick Henry.

3 comments:

  1. There's a bunch of Patrick Henrys out there. You, me, Bill, Dio, Kerodin...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. We are slaves only if we allow ourselves to be. freedom and liberty begins with each of us.

      Delete
  2. AnonymousMay 18, 2012

    Be careful what you wish for - you may be yearning for a Patrick Henry, but wind up with an Adolph...

    ReplyDelete