Looks like things are going to get pushed into high gear.
DHS has ordered the below items on a 15 day delivery schedule and 1 day to submit a proposal. In .gov contracting world, that means that those items are critical in nature for the mission.
You do the math with the formulas for the 450M rounds of 40cal and armored checkpoint booths.
As the brief explains, “the objective of this effort is to procure riot gear to prepare for the 2012 Democratic and Republican National Conventions, the 2013 Presidential Inauguration and other future similar activities.”
- “147 riot helmets” with “adjustable tactical face shield with liquid seal”
- “147 sets of upper body and shoulder protection”
- “152 sets of thigh and groin protection”
- “147 hard-shell shin guards” with “substantial protection from flying debris, non-ballistic weapons, and blows to the leg” and “optimized protective design for severe riot control or tactical situations.”
- “156 forearm protectors”
- “147 pairs of tactical gloves”
The US Army has decided to enter the fray and stock up on riot gear too.
It’s more than just stockpiling surveillance drones to spy on US citizens: the United States Army is attempting to procure an arsenal of riot gear in case the military must go toe-to-toe with civilians on US soil.